Last month, we announced the 2019 Goldman Environmental Prize winners. Their stories of grassroots environmental activism, achievement, and persistence have inspired people around the world. You can support their work by checking out their calls to action below, and by visiting their profile pages.
Africa: Alfred Brownell
- Become educated and help spread the word about the dangers of unsustainable palm oil, using resources from Rainforest Action Network and Friends of the Earth.
- Follow his organization Green Advocates on social media and share their work: Facebook and Twitter
Asia: Bayarjargal Agvaantseren
- Support Bayara’s work on snow leopard conservation in Mongolia through the Snow Leopard Trust,which will make a match on all donations to Bayara.
- Support organizations working to protect snow leopards and snow leopard habitats around the world, including Bayara’s organization Snow Leopard Conservation Foundation and the Snow Leopard Trust.
Europe: Ana Colovic Lesoska
- Support the efforts of Bankwatch to pressure international banks to stop funding hydropower development in protected areas, including the Nenskra project in Georgia.
- Help Ana’s organization Eko-Svest in its efforts to protect Mavrovo National Park and the Balkan lynx.
Islands & Island Nations: Jacqueline Evans
- Support ocean rights as a critical natural and legal right. Learn more through Earth Law Center and End Ecocide on Earth.
North America: Linda Garcia
- Learn more about the Washington Environmental Council and its efforts to support clean energy and move away from fossil fuels in the Pacific Northwest.
- Learn about Linda’s work to stop the largest oil-by-rail terminal in the nation through the Stand Up To Oil coalition.
South & Central America: Alberto Curamil
- Help free Alberto Curamil by posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms, asking the Chilean government to Free #AlbertoCuramil.
- Spread the word about Alberto’s work and the work of the Alianza Territorial Mapuche.
Stay up to date with the Goldman Prize community by subscribing to our newsletter, following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and reading the latest updates on our winners by visiting our Recent Press page.